How to Paint a Wicker Couch Without a Paint Sprayer

$60

Have you ever had a piece of wicker furniture that just needs a little love? But you don't have the space for spray paint and don't have a paint sprayer? Well, same here! And I took this drabby wicker couch used my favorite paint brush and painted away!

Find the Wicker Furniture for a deal!

I found this wicker couch at a local Restore for $40! But knew that it needed a little paint and it would be perfect for our back porch!

Clean Wicker Couch

I cleaned the wicker couch with a mixture of Liquid TSP and water. Using a scrub brush, I scrubbed all of the dust and dirt off on both sides of the couch. Finished with a good rinse with water. And allowed to dry.

Prime Wicker Couch

I primed the couch with one coat of Kilz-2 Primer using a chip brush.

Painting Wicker Couch

I got a quart of Exterior Paint from our local hardware store - and painted two coats on the couch. Overall I am very happy with how it turned out.

Cleaning Cushions

I cleaned the cushions using dish soap, a scrub brush and rinsed with the outdoor hose. I then allowed the cushions to dry in the sun, and replaced them on the couch.

Enjoy your newly painted couch!

If you enjoyed this project, check out these ones!

Painting Furniture

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Rachel | Linen and Logs

• Gene
    Gene

Maybe it is just the pixilation when I blow up the picture but it looks really blotchy to me. Is there some pattern in the wicker that might male it look like that?

• Joan LeVasseur
      Joan LeVasseur

When I painted my old wicker set it was over a really ugly green and I painted it a yellow/gold colour. I used a brush but without a lot of paint on it. It came out like a green/gold which sounds awful but actually went really well with the green and gold stripped fabric. The trick is to use less paint to avoid the blotchy look.

• RJ
    RJ

Nice job!

have been thinking of painting mine also. Even though on a covered porch it gets mold and smells after moisture gets to it. Wondering if paint will stop the mold and smell?

• Pamk
    Pamk

I’ve been painting mine for years!

• Leslie
    Leslie

Hi Rachel, Beautiful couch and the paint job helped a lot. Where the blotchiness is concerned use a sponge roller brush and give it a few coats more. If you did not use a Kilz or Zinser base coat that may be why the blotchiness. Good luck :)