Lattice headboard ?

+12

best preparation and paint advice for repainting lacquered beech veneered headboard

q lattice headboard

best preparation and how to repaint a lacquered beech veneered headboard

• I would lightly sand the surface to remove the shine so the primer has something to grip to. Then add a primer then paint.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jul 09, 2020

Give it a light sand, then prime and paint.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 09, 2020

Hello Ruth,

Spray paint the Lattice work and maybe brush on the other parts. Best wishes. Nice Headboard!

• K. Rupp K. Rupp on Jul 09, 2020

Yes, I would use a sprayer so it gets into all the nooks and crannies of the cane. Definitely sand first and prime with a good primer like B Moore. I would use a good paint for something like this that won't get a lot of chipping. Something like Benjamin Moore advance. It's a cabinet paint but is extremely heavy duty. good luck!

• Prep is key. Be sure to clean it well before painting. The best way to paint the cane on it is spraying. Good luck with your project.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Jul 09, 2020

Spray paint would work great on all of it and would be easy to use.

• Nan W. Nan W. on Jul 09, 2020

Ruth: I think you could do exactly what I did on my coffee table!

https://www.hometalk.com/44255352/1960s-coffee-table-into-2020

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Jul 09, 2020

I'd spray it to get the fine details.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 09, 2020

Scuff with steel wool. Clean with denatured alcohol. Then you can prime & paint. I would spray since you have rattan and it would be difficult to brush paint thoroughly.

• Homeroad Homeroad on Jul 09, 2020

I would use chalk paint. It sticks to just about anything with no primer needed.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 09, 2020

Hi! If you have access to a spray painter, this is an easy project. Clean well, using a TSP type cleaner (I like Krudkutter), and lightly scuff the finish. If you are going very dark or somewhere in between, did you know you can get your primer tinted to the final color? I get my Kilz tinted at the paint counter at Home Depot or Lowe's and you get much easier coverage and save paint! Good luck and stay safe!

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Jul 10, 2020

I would use a spray paint on this and should be fine.

• Betsy Betsy on Jul 10, 2020

Hi Ruth: I'd use a spray primer and a spray paint to do this project. Good luck

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Feb 09, 2021

Spray paint would work the best