How do clean my toilet bowls easily?

DeeCheryl ADeb K
+15

• Gk
    Gk

I pour a cleaning bucket of clear water into my toilet bowls to lower the water level. I use a gel toilet bowl cleaner that clinks to the sides. I squirt it under the rim all the way around and it will slowly run down to the bottom of the bowl. I let this sit for about 30 minutes and then use a toilet brush to do a bit of scrubbing. Flush to rinse.

• GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi there, we have REALLY hard water at our place and the only thing that will remove the calcium build up (and the yuck that sticks to it) is The Works toilet bowl cleaner. I skirt it up along the inside edge and let it sit a while and then scrub.

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

We use a wand with disposable pre-treated pads (Scrubbing Bubbles). The wand allows you to get under the rim and all interior portions of the bowl. Do it often (weekly) and don't let stains build up. We used to use some of those tank cleaner solutions - makes water blue and dissolves in the tank between flushes. However, many toilet manufacturers will void the warranty if you use them.

• Oliva
    Oliva

20 Mule team Borax powder poured into bowl and left to sit for a few hours or overnight, then swished around with a toilet brush easily cleans toilet bowls. Clorox Green Works spray does wonders on the exterior surfaces and porcelain flooring.

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

The only solution I have found to work is scrubbing hard.

• Unique Creations By Anita
    Unique Creations By Anita

Bleach and a toilet brush then scrub.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Get a descaler will help to keep maintenance down. I prefer a swab over a brush. Use the swab to lower the water as much as possible. Pour descaler on the swab, start with under rim and work your way down. Leave and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Then swab again. After that, you can flush and rinse the swab.

To keep the swab from mildew I lay the handle across the bowl and put the seat down on it until it dries.

• Homeroad
    Homeroad

I use a bleach product and a toilet brush.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

I like soft scrub.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello.. I generally use commercial toilet bowl cleaners. Occasionally I have to put on the yellow protective gloves and use up pumice stick for our hard water stains. The Pumice stick is a very effective tool to remove any kind of crusty buildup or water ring.

I’ve tried many other DYI ideas like Kool-Aid or cola but the pumice stick is the only thing that can get out the water rings or stains. This sick is less than two dollars each at my Walmart and can be used over and over until they deteriorate and degrade.

• Cindy
    Cindy

First of all, I clean the toilets once a week with Ajax with bleach. I sprinkle it down on the walls and scrub with the toilet brush. I leave it set for at least a half hour and then flush. I clean the outside of the toilet with Clorox wipes. Clean and fresh.

Betsy

Hi Eas: Here are a couple sites that should help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4P7T9acPss

Here's a Hometalk site that has a bunch of ideas:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/all?filter=clean%20toilet

Good luck

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hello Eas4927, here is a simple recipe for toilet bombs, drop them ins and let them fizz your bowl clean. Hope it helps you out.

https://thecoconutmama.com/toilet-bombs/

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

I retired recently from 32 yrs in house cleaning business- I buy toothbrushes at the dollar store and use them to get around the bolts etc on the toilet and I flush then put in comet cleaners and scrub well under the rim and the entire bowl then if you will use lysol or clorox wipes weekly to wipe it up then it will stay clean- I clean mine several times a week with the wipes (don't flush them) and it keeps my toilets sparkling

• Dee
    Dee
    Just now

Heat up 1 cup of white vinegar, mix in about 1/4 cup of Dawn Premium. Not the dollar store kind, because it is too thin. When mixed, pour into a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake. Spray down the grout and let it sit overnight. In the morning rinse. If you have stubborn stains, spray again. Use this mixture a few times a week. It will keep your grout and tiles clean. Also works wonders in the toilet bowl to keep hard water stains at bay. Oh you only have to heat the vinegar one time when you add the Dawn.