Easy Coffee Filter Wreath

$5

These days, you can create a wreath with anything! Paper coffee filters are no exception!

I've see pretty wreaths like this in boutique shops and such. I loved them; but not the price! I figured I could easily make something similar, and much more cost effective! Below, I'm going to show you how to make one in just a few easy steps!

Supplies

You will need a wreath form of your choice, coffee filters, and a hot glue gun.

I used a cardboard wreath, I found at the Goodwill; along with free coffee filters from a thrift store.

I would suggest buying at least two packages for filters. You may need more, depending on the size of your wreath.

Folding your coffee filter

First thing you will need to do is fold the filter in half. I tried combining numerous filters together, and folding them; but found it easier to fold each one separately.

Fan fold

Once your filter is folded in half, fold it in a fan shape. This is done just like folding a paper fan.

This is what the top of your filter should look like, once folded in the fan shape.

Fan end

once your filter is folded like a fan, bend the bottom end to the side, as pictured. This is where you will add your hot glue and attach to the wreath form.

I personally prefer to fold a batch of filters before gluing. Folding filters can be time consuming. I would suggest binge watching your favorite show while doing so! Lol

Glue placement

once you are ready to start gluing your filters on the frame, you will add hot glue to the folded tail.

Gluing filter to wreath

once the hot glue is applied, you will place your filter on the wreath form, as shown. I like to start at the inside, and work out.

Once you have glued a few on, it's easy to see a pattern that may work best for you, as you apply the filters. I found it easiest to glue them down in threes. I placed a filter on the inside, one on the outside, then added one in the middle of the two.

Your wreath should look similar to this, as you continue to add the filters to the form.

Fluffing your filters

once you have all your filters attached to the wreath frame, you may want to fluff it a bit. This is totally up to you! I found running my hand over the filters helped create a little volume. You can always pick at the filter tops as well.

finished project

your wreath may look completely different, once complete. Depending on the form you choose, your wreath may be much fuller. A few years ago, I completed another wreath, with a straw wreath form. The center was much more closed in, creating a much more fuller wreath. I have added a picture of it below. I used the same method, just different wreath form.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July

• Susan

Did you color the filter they look tan like tea and if so how did you do that step I love the idea of have on hand ideas I never seam to get out to get things . But i always have great idea

• Dori

The Brown filters can be purchased at grocery store. Supposedly they are organic.

• Stacy Holt Tierney

approximately how many filters did you use?