Garden Gazing Ball

$10

I am super excited to show you guys this tutorial. If you have kids and a dog, you might have flat basketballs lying around the yard. I've held onto these basketballs with the hopes of finding a way to use them someday and that day has come. I decided to turn one of these flat basketballs into a gazing ball for my garden and am so happy I did. It turned out lovely and it was a great way to upcycle a useless item.

This basketball wasn't a ball that could be filled with air since our dog got ahold of it. She bites the balls once, ruins them and never touches them again. I used a knife to cut a small slit in the ball.

Pull out all those plastic bags (or anything else you have on hand) and stuff the ball.

I used a piece of Duct Tape to cover the slit and sprayed the ball with textured spray paint. This ball has three coats of spray paint and looks just like a cement.

When the spray paint was completely dried, I used outdoor paint to paint to decorate my gazing ball.

Paint your gazing ball and let dry.

Spray with a clear sealant and let dry.

Place in your garden and enjoy!

I have more outdoor projects on the blog, like this DIY Cuckoo Clock inspired birdhouse.

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Patty

Great idea! I'll be doing this one.

• Janice

Love your thinking "outside the box". How cool would it be to paint it with glow in the dark paint! I have two solid concrete balls in my garden now that cost a pretty penny. Since seeing your post, they are going to become a family with some creative features. Those large exercise balls (often unused) would make a statement piece in a garden when decorated as you've done. Thanks for the idea!