How To Organize A Closet With These Tips, Tricks, and Hacks

$20
1 Day

Hometalk TV asked me to host an episode that would include how to easily organize a closet. Today I'm sharing some of my favorite tips, tricks, and hacks. You can see more of my crazy creations here

Shoe Organization

You could definitely use a shoe organizer to help you out, but my closet has a sliding door so that won't work for me. I put my shoes in these clear containers that you can get from the dollar or department store.

I stack them on my shelf to conserve space, and I can see what is inside the boxes.I have a collapsible stool that I keep in my closet so that I can reach.

Hidden and Useful Storage

I like to use these fabric boxes from the dollar store. I have learned to help them hold their shape, I place a large plastic box inside the fabric box. You could easily go with one or the other if you like.

These boxes help with stackable storage. Fold the back of a hat in, and then stack them. They fit nice and easy into a box.

I roll all of my leggings up and place them in a storage box. This works great for young kid's pants as well.

Belt, Scarf, Jewelry, & Tie Storage

There are great inexpensive hangers out there that you can use for belts, scarves, jewelry, and tie storage.

Consolidate Clothes

I like to make outfits and store them in my closet. This eliminates 1 of 2 hangers. Works with pants or skirts and shirt outfits.

Keep Your Boots Straight

Measure a pool noodle for how long it needs to be in a boot and cut it with a knife or saw.

Place the noodles in the boots to help them stand up.

Covering Outfits

You can buy garment bags, or you can poke a hole in the bottom of a garbage bag, place the hanger through the hole, and you have an inexpensive garment bag. You can even cinch up the bottom if you like.

Use pop tabs to connect hangers together so that they give you more vertical hanging to help conserve space.

Purse & Bag Rack

Place adhesive hooks on a door or wall.

Slide bags onto a tension rod or dowel, and place into the hooks. You could also use "s" hooks to hook the bags onto the rod as well.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Oma K

What do you use to keep the dust off items in the open storage bins?

i like the idea of putting the plastic basket inside soft storage cubes.