HOw to clean mini blinds that are really dirty?

Cheryl AKathy Gunter LawSharon
+11

• Mogie

Dip in bathtub of soapy water. Rinse with shower head. Drip dry outside. Use a soft bath brush on them and the dirt will all come off.

• Wipe off as much dust as you can and then take them down and put them in the bathtub. Add hot water and some dish soap. Let them soak, and wipe them with a rag. Rinse and let them dry.

• Cindy

Hi Joyce. I'm Cindy. Take the blinds down and get as much dust and dirt off with a damp cloth. Next either put them in a tub or take them outside. Clean them with warm water and a couple squirts of Dawn dish soap. Rinse with clean water. Lay them down outside to dry. Good luck Joyce.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Joyce, this is Peggy. Here is a video about cleaning mini blinds. To be honest with you I never clean mine, I just replace them with the cheap ones . Lazy me LOL

0:41

2:53

Suggested clip · 88 seconds

Cleaning Mini Blinds - YouTube

www.youtube.com › watch

• Johnavallance82

Hello Joyce,

Wipe them over with Flash when closed and then turn them the other way and do the same. It will be worth it in the end. If that seems to much, take them down lay them on the lawn and use a soft brush to do it. Best wishes.

• Annie

Take them down and put in bath tub. Hot soapy water, hang outside to dry

• Zard Pocleeb

Another option would be to take them outside and hit them with the garden hose.

• Deb K

Hi Joyce, I clean mine like this, close them and tilt them downward closed, remover them, carry outside tor to bathtub, pretreat with Spray on cleaner like, spray nine, or simple green or Mr clean. If you do this outside you can lay the blinds down, if in the tub, spray while holding them up, then lay them down to sit for a minute or two, not long needed. Pull out your garden hose ore turn on the shower to rinse until water runs clear, leave outside to dry or lay out large towels to place the blinds on to dry inside.

Hi Joyce: I use warm water and some Dawn in a bucket and, if the blinds are greasy, I put in about 1/4 cup of vinegar too, and have a bucket of clean warm water along side. I put an old, thick, sock on my hand, or I get a pair of cotton gloves from the dollar store, put it in the soapy water, squeeze it out and do the top and bottom slat at the same time. Once they are all done, I get another old, thick sock and wipe them again with the clean water. You don't take the blinds down, leave them up and clean them where they are:) Easy as anything easy you can think of:) You can push your finger through the string part to get that clean. It only takes a flash, and you can look outside at the same time and watch the birds, hum some songs, or invent things with your time:) They are pretty inexpensive, so maybe buying new ones would be best. Here's a suggestion below :) Just a laugh, it's a rod with rolls of toilet paper on it:) Just tear off what's dirty and unroll a new blind :)

Good luck

• Sharon

I pounded a few nails over the garage door in the trim. Hang the blind on the nails and close the blind so all the blades are lined up flat (closed) but hanging fully down.

Then I use the hose to rise them off, and a large car brush with either lemon ammonia or Awesome Orange that will cut through anything. Then lift the blind up and turn around and do the other side. Let dry in the sun for awhile and then rehang.

I have also done this in the shower using zip ties on the rod to hold the blind.

• Kathy Gunter Law

If you don’t want to take them down and wash in a tub, saturate with soapy water and wipe down. Once they are manageable use a microfiber blond cleaning tool, about $5 at Walmart. It will get in between the flats.

• Cheryl A

I used to put mine in the bathtub and wash them but it will rust the metal on them usually- you can take them outside and wet with a hose then scrub with a brush and rinse and hang outside to dry too