What is the best accent chair??

Carole AldenUnique Creations By AnitaKathy Gunter Law
+11

I need an accent chair to fill a nook in my Irving room-about t 33-36 inches wide—what style would be best?

• Cindy

Hi D.sken. I would use a wing back chair as an accent chair in your living chair. It would look nice and it would add drama to your room. Good luck D.sken.

• Flipturn

There are countless styles of chairs that could be considered an 'accent' chair. You will want to purchase one that is complementary to other furniture, as well as to the decor of the room.

Posting a picture of your living room space would instantly illustrate the existing colors and styles in the room.

• Flipturn

If you are looking for a chair that will function as a decoration mainly, then there is not a great need to spend money on one that is heavy or comfortable.

However, if you are intending that this 'accent' chair be used for sitting in for longer periods of time, then it will be more important to find one that has more supportive inner padding and more durable outer fabric.

• Johnavallance82

Hi,

As you give no indication of your style, I would say a chair that is attractive, comfortable and is the right price. Best of luck!

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

What style is your room?

• Redcatcec

Please post a picture of the area so you can get advice.

• Vimarhonor

Hello could you possibly post a photograph to better see your room lighting color and current style of furniture situation and the nook area of concern?

Having a visual might be helpful to be able to offer the best guidance .....to a help find the best suggestions or potential solution for your furniture need.

• Nan W.

Hi! maybe a website like this will help you to nail down your style

https://www.realsimple.com/shop/home/furniture/living-room/accent-chairs/generic-ba1711053245.html

• Deb K

Hello D.sken, I think that all depends on your preference, you want something you will find comfy, and i a color that accents your decor, don't worry so much about what is popular, because most of the time, the popular is NOT comfy. Hope this helps

• Mogie

The 8 Best Accent Chairs of 2020

https://www.thespruce.com/best-accent-chairs-4688965

Hi D. Well, it depends on your tastes. I'm sure a chair with clean square lines, as Irving furniture leans towards, in a colour that either matches or contrasts with the rest of your furniture would look great. Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would choose something wooden frame with sufficient cushions for comfort.

• Unique Creations By Anita

All depends on the style of your home.

• Carole Alden

Post a picture of your room. Whatlooks great in one room might not in another.