How can I recycle the plastic tube that comes with dog Poop bags?

HomeroadDeb KSimple Nature Decor
+13

I buy the doggie bags for poop pick up that come on a roll.

what is a good way to recycle them, any suggestions.?

• Cynthia H

You could stuff plastic bags in them to keep in the car or as extra poop bags. I push bags into empty tissue boxes to keep them handy, but, I bet your tubes would work well, too. Good luck and stay safe!

• Cindy

Hi Kathe. You could wind your Christmas lights around them. Or put your nylon stockings in them to keep them from getting tangled. Good luck Kathe. Stay healthy and well.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Kathe,

You could tie them together and use as pencil holders, use them as legs for low shelves, or stick them onto a length of flexible card or ? and roll them up and stick the end down. Make smaller roll in the same way. Stick the two together (one on top of the other ) to form a stand. Add top (Tray etc.) and you have a small table. Decorate to taste. Just a few ideas, but hope they inspire.

• Em

Paint bright colors, add a balloon stick and use for garden markers. If you have a lot of the plastic ones weave twine thru them and make a foot scraper or liner for a boot tray. The water will drip off of shoes and allow air flow to shoe bottoms. Glue a bunch on a wreath in red white and blue for patriotic holidays.

• Nan W.

They would be fun to paint with acrylic paint... and use for children's projects... instead of macaroni!

• Cheryl A

You could always just recycle them and then they will be used to make many other products

• Ken Erickson

I toss mine in the recycle bin.

• Redcatcec

I'm another recycler.

• Janice

Many great ideas suggested but if none appeal, just save and one fine day an ideal will pop up and then you'll have a good supply!

• Lifestyles Homes

If you have access to a saw, that has a bed, like a radial arm saw, a tablesaw, or a bandsaw, cut them into little ringlets, and then cement them together At the tangent points, to make a screen..

• you could switch to the small compostable bag they make instead.

• Flipturn

Are your plastic tubes the style that have the attached snap lids?

• Simple Nature Decor

You can make glue them all together and make a organizing tray for small items

• Deb K

Hi Kathe I have often wondered that myself, I started saving them with the plan to build some nice little bird houses, or bee/butterfly houses, or little log cabins, use a design like the attached and alter to your liking, https://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Miniature-Faux-Log-Cabin

• Homeroad

Can you string them like beads?