Quick Garden Dining Table

$50

This modern, low-maintenance outside table is made from a repurposed kitchen countertop. It is super easy to put together, provided that you have some brawn.

This is actually an old project that you may have missed because it was posted together with some other projects as a set. Since people are looking for garden ideas I thought I would post it as a standalone. Who knows, it may give you some fresh inspiration.

I (still) have a couple of very large concrete planters in my garden. I used one for my BBQ Storage Bin project.https://www.hometalk.com/44268116/outdoor-bbq-storage-bin

For this table I emptied out 2 and painted them with white PVA house paint. A tip on finding cheap planters: many corporates rent their plants from plant rental and maintenance companies. The plants are replaced every so often and the pots and planters are then sold to the public for next to nothing. Phone the rental companies in your area and find out what they do with their old pots.

We also had a spare slab of granite that was intended for the laundry but never used. If you are looking for something similiar I suggest you try a reclamation yard. Many people throw out their granite counter tops for something newer. You could also use an old door, construction planks or pallet wood. Whatever you use, make sure that it is strong enough or reinforced and doesn't buckle. The nice thing about this granite is that it is low maintenance.

The rest is self-explanatory. Position the pots some distance apart and place the granite on top. This required at least 4 men in our case because the granite is super heavy.

The table has been standing in the garden for about a year now and other than mud splashes and leaves that can just be dusted down when dry, looks as good as new.

15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home

• Sharleen

How did you remove the thick plain stone at the bottom of the granite to get the thin smooth tabletop

• Charise.

I don't even know what thick part Sharleen is referring too.

• Ellis

Did you fill the pots with anything, perhaps gravel or cement, so they would not be tippable with that heavy granite on top of them? Ot are the cement planters heavy enough on their own?

• Judy Cady

What climate do you live in? North? South? Cold? Warm? Wondering how this would hold up in New England winters.

• Thea

Hi, we live in an area that never gets snow or sub-zero temperatures. That said, if you normally keep concrete pots outside and marble statues I guess it should be okay.

• Leslie

THAT is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!. The chairs the pots the table top all compliment each other. I cannot get over how well you tied in all pieces together. I think if the chairs were other than the white and the design it wouldn't have worked so well. Thank you for sharing.

• Thea

Thanks! It just happened that way.

• Charise.

Ma'am, this is simple and STUNNING! Well done!