Updating My Curio Cabinet to Farmhouse Style!

$15

I have been wanting to update my curio cabinet for quite some time and after rearranging the furniture where it was a little more front and center, it was time to get to this project!

So I started by removing all the stuff inside the cabinet.

Then I moved it out further into the room so I could get to work.

I removed the glass shelving and panels and then

I started by lightly sanding the faux wood on the cabinet to give the paint something to adhere to, then I simply wiped it down, and started painting.

It took several coats of paint to get the coverage that I wanted.

After the paint had dried, I used sandpaper to go over it and rough it up a bit to give it a distressed farmhouse look.

The next thing I did was add some faux barn wood adhesive wallpaper to the back to cover the mirror portion of the cabinet.

I replaced the glass panels and shelving and I am loving how this cabinet turned out!

It adds such a bright pop to the corner of the room and of course I love the new updated look it has!

25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
ClutteredCorkBoard