Doors and dfs in wood and frames painted in color?

+13

has anyone seen a kitchen with the doors and drawer fronts in wood and the frames painted in a color?? just wondering.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jul 13, 2020

Hi Kim here's a Villa where the drawers and doors are stained and cabinet boxes are painted: https://www.desiretoinspire.net/2012/03/23/belgian-villa/ I think the look will be catching on more and more as we go here as paint and stain combo furniture is getting really popular lately.

• Gk Gk on Jul 13, 2020

I think it would be a wonderful idea to do kitchen cabinets this way! The sky is the limit as far as what YOU would like to have! I have seen kitchen cabinets with wood on the bottom and paint on the top and vice versa. I recently painted my kitchen cabinets a charcoal gray on the bottom and a very very light gray that reads white on the top! I love them! It's all about what YOU want to do! Here's one picture I found!

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Jul 13, 2020

Yes. If you want to do this, then you’ll need to make the existing burnished surface except paint.

I would like my scarf with fine grit sandpaper and then wash with TSP solution.

Wipe the residue off with 50-50 alcohol on a rag.

prime and paint with paint that is labeled as being suitable for kitchens and baths, as it will need to be scrubbable.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Jul 13, 2020

Yes. That's what my mother did in our childhood home. I liked it then and like it now.

• Yes, and it looks great!

• Janice Janice on Jul 13, 2020

• Dee Dee on Jul 13, 2020

Yes I have seen it, but in my honest opinion, I do not like it.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Jul 13, 2020

Yes, that is done, if you like the look, go for it!

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 13, 2020

If you like the look, absolutely. I like the doors to match the frames, but, that's my taste. If you like the look, go for it!

• Simple Nature Decor Simple Nature Decor on Jul 14, 2020

That can easily be done if you repaint your kitchen cabinet. You would need to strip them and then repaint the frames and leave the drawers stain wood

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jul 14, 2020

If the job is not finished properly and if the chosen colors are not spot-on, it can look cheap and garish.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 14, 2020

Hello Kim,

Straight answer - Yes! Off white, Pale Blue, Pale Green, Grey etc.......

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 14, 2020

I saw one where it was blue but the frame was stained a dark color. I thought it was beautiful. Very similar to many dresser re furbishes.