How To Paint Patio Tiles

$50

Painting cement patio pavers can change your backyard space overnight, and give you a custom tile look, for a fraction of the price.

How to prep and paint patio tiles

Start by rolling all the patio tiles in Farmhouse White. You’d be surprised to see how fast it dries in the full afternoon sun.

Prop up the patio tiles

Before I painted, I used some bricks to prop up one side of each tile to ensure I could pick them up later.

Begin Painting The Pattern

Once the white coat is dry, you have the option of adding another, but I got such good coverage with the first that I didn’t need to do another.

Using a giant ruler and a pencil, lightly draw a grid of 6″x6″ squares. You’ll paint each pattern within the squares.

Using Hampton Blue and a brush, paint horizontal stripes all going in the same direction. Paint 5 stripes in alternating squares to form a checkerboard pattern. All the stripes should be oriented the same way.

Continue Painting The Pattern

Because I was painted 28 tiles, by the time I was done the last tile, the first ones were dry, so I was able to start painting them. Using Williamsburg Blue, repeat the pattern but going in the opposite direction. As long as you used the same amount of stripes in each square, you’ll eventually form a pattern where the stripes meet.

Lay The Tiles

Once all the tiles are painted and dry, put them in place! Line them up as you wish,

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Ariel

• Dani Hyde

Does no one see a tripping hazarded in the last photo?? You need to get like two sets back each way Atleast. U pull tHe chair out to sit and how are u getting back to the table and who sits so close to the table while relaxing????

cool design. Just add more bricks to have it safer

• Ida9464
      35 minutes ago

This is a great idea and you did an awesome job! I’m thinking of doing this. I’m surprised the pacers didn’t soak up the paint. I see the brand of paint, but what type is it?

• GMS28

were yours actually cement pavers you painted? Asking because the link below brings you to some wooden ones on amazon

• May Calleja Walker

How do you preserve wood furniture from rain?