How To Make A Cinder Block Bench

$30
1 Day

Ever wondered how to make an easy cinder block bench? I had built one years ago and it was time to fix it up. A cinder block bench is easy to create, affordable, and can be put just about anywhere. You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here's my original bench - as you can see it was time to give it a little love.

For this project you'll need 3 Redwood 4x4s and you can pick the length that works for you. Start by sanding the wood on all sides. I used my Wagner PaintEater to clean off the old product and sand it down. It worked like a charm and took me only minutes to clean up a board.

After all the wood is sanded I wiped each board on all sides. This will clean off all the sawdust, dirt, debris, and get it ready for painting.

While the wood was drying I poured Varathane Ultimate Spar Urtheane (waterbased for exterior) into my Flexio Paint Sprayer. I read the instructions and adjusted all of the setting for what I needed.

I started by painting the top of each board. This Flexio paint sprayer made painting so incredibly easy. I even said it was therapeutic to my family.

After I painted the top of each of the boards, I let it dry for 30 minutes.

I then rotated the boards and painted the next side. I repeated this process until all 4 sides were painted. I then repeated this process with all the boards giving them a second, then third coat.

I painted the ends of the wood as well to seal it. I just have to say that after hand painting them the first time, and this time using the paint sprayer.... it was so much faster and easier this time around!

Don't the boards look much better? I let the boards dry completely before moving forward.

This project needs 6 cinder blocks, and you set them up in this shape. 2 stacked on top of each other and the other one is vertical behind the first 2.

Next I slid each of the boards into the top hole in the cinder blocks on either side.

We made this bench in tribute to people and pets we have lost. It's our memorial bench.

I love how my cinder block bench turned out, and I'm super thrilled with how easy my Wagner PaintEater and Flexio Paint Sprayer made it.This post is in collaboration with Wagner. All thoughts and opinions are my own. A big thanks to Wagner for providing me the PaintEater & Flexio Paint Sprayer

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Chas' Crazy Creations