How To Make A Cinder Block Bench

$30
1 Day

Ever wondered how to make an easy cinder block bench? I had built one years ago and it was time to fix it up. A cinder block bench is easy to create, affordable, and can be put just about anywhere. You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here's my original bench - as you can see it was time to give it a little love.

For this project you'll need 3 Redwood 4x4s and you can pick the length that works for you. Start by sanding the wood on all sides. I used my Wagner PaintEater to clean off the old product and sand it down. It worked like a charm and took me only minutes to clean up a board.

After all the wood is sanded I wiped each board on all sides. This will clean off all the sawdust, dirt, debris, and get it ready for painting.

While the wood was drying I poured Varathane Ultimate Spar Urtheane (waterbased for exterior) into my Flexio Paint Sprayer. I read the instructions and adjusted all of the setting for what I needed.

I started by painting the top of each board. This Flexio paint sprayer made painting so incredibly easy. I even said it was therapeutic to my family.

After I painted the top of each of the boards, I let it dry for 30 minutes.

I then rotated the boards and painted the next side. I repeated this process until all 4 sides were painted. I then repeated this process with all the boards giving them a second, then third coat.

I painted the ends of the wood as well to seal it. I just have to say that after hand painting them the first time, and this time using the paint sprayer.... it was so much faster and easier this time around!

Don't the boards look much better? I let the boards dry completely before moving forward.

This project needs 6 cinder blocks, and you set them up in this shape. 2 stacked on top of each other and the other one is vertical behind the first 2.

Next I slid each of the boards into the top hole in the cinder blocks on either side.

We made this bench in tribute to people and pets we have lost. It's our memorial bench.

I love how my cinder block bench turned out, and I'm super thrilled with how easy my Wagner PaintEater and Flexio Paint Sprayer made it.This post is in collaboration with Wagner. All thoughts and opinions are my own. A big thanks to Wagner for providing me the PaintEater & Flexio Paint Sprayer

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Chas' Crazy Creations