Antique Vanity Painted in Vintage Duck Egg Blue / Driftwood Blending

$100

What girl doesn't love a pretty vanity to display all her potions and lotions? And how about one in a soft vintage duck egg blue color with gorgeous silver original pulls and new glass knobs? Let me share how I took this antique vanity from drab to fab with paint.

If you love it, Pop over to my blog for more free home decor and furniture tutorials. Be sure to subscribe if you like what you see to get all my tutorials delivered to your inbox!

Vanity scrubbed

After so many years of use, these pieces deserve a deep cleaning spa day. I use warm water with some soap and a bit of Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner to really deep clean, rinse and let it dry well after wiping off excess water.

Paint time

The fun part is painting. I chose a vintage duck egg blue to paint this beauty from  Dixie Belle.

Two coats dry

It is such a soft vintage color. All the pieces were painted 2 coats using the Dixie Belle's oval brush.

Blend in the grey

The entire vanity, stool and mirror were also amped up with a wash of Dixie Belle driftwood around the edges and in the nooks and crannies for a muted added dimension. I used a mister to softly blend these color together. Once dry the entire set was sponge sanded with the edges distressed lightly in keeping with the aged finish I wanted to achieve. The last step was to seal all the painted areas with Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear.

Hardware needs an update

The original hardware was so pretty but the pitted areas needed to be covered. 

Spray paint hardware

Satin nickel spray paint was sprayed all over in multiple light coats.

Add gold gilding paste

Again to add further dimension a wee bit of gold gilding paste was wiped on with a small artist brush. See gold added below on the left pull and right just silver?

Closeup

Hardware was put back on, the updated pulls on the lower drawers and new glass knobs on the top drawers.

The FREE FULL detailed tutorial is linked at the bottom here and can also be found by clicking the link at the top to take you to my blog.

Seat upholstery to come

The only thing left is to upholster the seat, what color would you choose?

Fun fur?

I just set these options on the seat.. to get an idea

fun fluffy fur?

Simple B&W ?

Simple black and white or something different all together?

I will leave it to the buyers preference I think :)

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Creative Moments

• Kathleen Walker

Absolutely beautiful. You did a stunning job!

• Janice

Wow! A gorgeous redo. The color is beautful and the handles make it more elegant and the glass pulls fit it too. I LOVE the seat covered in fur as it adds a touch of whimsy but the b/w is nice as well. Fabulous job! Thanks for posting it here.