$12 Living Room Refresh

$12

We changed up our living room layout for the first time since moving in! It's tough to create new layouts in smaller rooms, especially with a fireplace and windows/arches on all four walls. We swapped around the TV and sofa, then took the risk of pulling the sofa forward to create a mini hallway. After rearranging the furniture, the previous gallery wall that surrounded the TV needed to go. I had to mess around with a couple of designs, but ended up with a cheap and easy colorblock wall that works for now!

Tape up your design

You can also see my failed attempt here. I've seen some wonderful round colorblock inspirations, but it just didn't work in our space with all of the archways. We decided to cover the whole wall with an abstract design.

Paint over the tape edges with the existing wall color

This prevents paint bleed. We have textured walls so I needed all the help I could get! Our wall color is Simply White by Benjamin Moore.

Paint the colorblocks

I used Mink Haze (top), Pasha Brown (bottom), and Fennel Seed (right) from Behr.

The Final Product

That's it! Check out my blog post for additional details and sources, and follow along on Instagram for future DIY projects!

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!

• Mariquita.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Just Beautiful !!! Do you think I can do the same to my kitchen wall ?

thank you,yours came out so so nice, 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• AndradeTea

LOVE! Question, why did you decide on the white border (tape width) around the wall versus painting to the edges of the wall? It does add more white POP ... but I just wondered. I love this idea. It's simple, fresh and looks AH-mazing!

• Cristi

This looks awesome! Our new house is so 80’s but great bones and I want to liven it up so badly. For the lines between the color, did you just go back and touch up after the colored paint? The lines are so perfect 😊

• Heena - Bean & Gardn

Sounds like it has so much potential! Yes, I touched up some spots with a small paintbrush after painting the colorblocks. It's a bit tedious but not bad 😊 Happy painting!