$12 Living Room Refresh

3 materials
$12

We changed up our living room layout for the first time since moving in! It's tough to create new layouts in smaller rooms, especially with a fireplace and windows/arches on all four walls. We swapped around the TV and sofa, then took the risk of pulling the sofa forward to create a mini hallway. After rearranging the furniture, the previous gallery wall that surrounded the TV needed to go. I had to mess around with a couple of designs, but ended up with a cheap and easy colorblock wall that works for now!

Tape up your design

You can also see my failed attempt here. I've seen some wonderful round colorblock inspirations, but it just didn't work in our space with all of the archways. We decided to cover the whole wall with an abstract design.

Paint over the tape edges with the existing wall color

This prevents paint bleed. We have textured walls so I needed all the help I could get! Our wall color is Simply White by Benjamin Moore.

Paint the colorblocks

I used Mink Haze (top), Pasha Brown (bottom), and Fennel Seed (right) from Behr.

The Final Product

Check out my blog post for more "after" photos and links to items seen here. Follow along on Instagram for daily inspirations!

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

3 of 29 comments
Next