Help what alternate uses for 8 backless stools

HomeroadMaura WhiteEm
+11

anyone have ideas on what I could make out of 8 backless stools???

You can remove the upholstery and padding. Paint the disc, reattach it and use them as plant stands. One one each side of the door if you have the room or in the yard.

• Flipturn

Remove the padded top, replace with a flat or glass top, and cut the legs shorter to desired height, so that the unit can be used as a bedside table.

• Patty

Cut the tops off. Just above where the rung is, cut down the legs. Then attach the tops to make footstools.

• Flipturn

Here's another option:

Instead of spending money trying to transform them, donate them to a theatre, or high school/college drama department. Stools can be a versatile piece to use when designing sets and stage arrangements.

• Liz Cairo-Eagan

I want to keep them so donating them is not an option but the ideas are amazing!!! I was wondering about combining them somehow????

• Flipturn

This idea may take a little work and a little $, but as far as possibilities for combining the stools, I can see one:

Take the padded tops off.

Attach the legs together with brackets.

Make sure that the tops of the stools are all level with each other.

Purchase a pre-cut piece of laminate countertop (profiled on two sides) or a custom cut piece of solid countertop (all four sides profiled) and mount on top of the stools (6 or all 8).

How tall are the stools now, and what would the height be with the tops off, and a countertop mounted on top of all of them?

If the combined new height is around 36-37" it would lend itself well to being an island. It could be used not only in a kitchen, but in a craft room, large laundry room, office, or in an eating area (with stools!)

• Kathy Gunter Law

Plant stands, you could cover with a marine varnish and use outside, make a sundial, use as a table near a chair or sofa if you take off the cushions and replace with wood.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Interesting concept. I keep seeing using them at outdoors as trellises for climbing vines or roses like clematis honeysuckle or even a support in cage like tomato. They have to be coated with the outdoor spar urethane.

• Em

Take the pads off, turn upside down and put in large planters. You can line a patio and add garden vegetable the rabbits can't get to.

• Maura White

Could you take the seat part off and put in a plant holder - then fill them with flowers and put them around your yard!

• Homeroad

Can you remove the cushion and add some kind of round table top? That is what I would do... I want one as I write this! Home Depot sells round wood slabs for very inexpensive. You could attach it to the top and paint the whole thing to make a table.