Rattan Mirror DIY | PINTEREST INPIRED

$7

Do you like the bohemian style? Then I've got you covered! Today I wanna share with you how to make a rattan mirror that was inspired by Pinterest. I saw this bamboo, rattan, raffia sort of mirrors popping up all over Pinterest and I wanted to recreate one. I think they are beautiful and nice and I can't wait to show you how to make one!

Measure your dowels

Start by marking your dowel at 4" mark and cut the first piece at this point. Then use that piece to have it as a guide to cut the rest of them. You will need 16 pieces of 4" in length and another 16 pieces of 3 1/2".

Then I marked the back of the mirror a little bit above half of an inch and draw a circle.

Glue your dowels

Hot glue your 4" dowels at 12 o'clock, at 6 o'clock, at 9 o'clock and at 3 o'clock and then another 4 dowels between them and then another 8 dowels between the last ones. I hope it makes sense!

Lastly, hot glue your 16 shorter dowels to fill the gaps between the longer ones.

Weave the raffia cord

Grab your raffia cord and pour a little bit of hot glue to secure the end and then weave it in and out every other dowel. I weaved three rows of the raffia cord and then glued the end of the cord.

Add the hanger

When you're done and you're happy with how it turned out, glue the hanger. All I used was the raffia cord which I looped and hot glued it at the back of my mirror.

The reveal

Well, I'm absolutely obsessed with this rattan mirror! I enjoyed it and I hope you enjoyed this DIY as well!

Watch my video tutorial

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Evi from LoveForDIY