Poop Happens

$10

Dog poop 💩 is a pain to get rid of., flies yeck. There is something called a “doggy dooly”. Thought I would share my research and super cheap or free way to make your own.

The holding tank

Important to have a container with a tight fitting cover. I used a five gallon container that held chlorine with a locking lid.

Preparing container.

Start Drill holes about 5 to 6 inches from the top. Use a random pattern about 30 holes. I used a 1/4” drill bit. Then cut off the bottom. I used a Jig saw.

Prepare the hole.

The area you choose should be of a sandy consistency. Pour water into the ground to see if it dissipates fairly quickly. Dig a hole the size of the bucked, leaving a couple inches above ground for the cover to be accessible. Use a post hole digger in the center to dig down approximately 4 feet.

Placing bucket

Put the bucket in the hole, it should look like this. Fill the center hole with rocks, up to the bottom couple inches of the bucket. I actually had to buy rocks from Home Depot. You can not find rocks in the ground, in Florida.

All set up

You may want to google “doggy dooly” if you are not familiar with its process. Now you just add poop, enzymes, and water. No more gross smell and flies around the trash barrel. This size bucket is good for 1 large dog or 2 small ones.

• 5 gallon bucket
  • Drill, Drill bits
  • Jig saw

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Everything Red For Canada Day
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home

• Thea

Is the soil in Florida sandy then?

• Michelle Campbell

It all depends on which area you live. I live on the east coast of Central Florida, I can see NASA from my house. Our yard is regular dirt but a few houses down, their yard is sandy.

• Lisa West

Wow I never heard of this either. It's a great idea though. I mean really we all eat and go potty. All living things do. So it makes sense to do this. It becomes clean dirt after a while. Thanks for sharing. We are moving to Florida hopfully in the next year. I plan on getting a dog once settled. I wonder if this would work for cat poo to?

• Wendy Stilwell Farricy

hi Lisa

yes t would work for cats also. However if you dump kitty litter in there it will not break down ( I don’t believe) .

• Tamy Spangler

Where I live there isn't any sandy soil - just clay. Can I do the same if I dig and mix sand into the surrounding soil?

• Robin
    Yesterday

We bought a doggy doily for our 3 labs....works great and we use RIDX once a month along with water! Absolute must!

• Hi Robin,

Ridx is also what I have been using, did not post because it was new to me and not sure how good it would work. Thank you for your input.

• Michelle Fitzsimons
    16 hours ago

Wow never heard of this. Sooo you just leave the poop in there and it’s just disintegrates into the ground.

• Wendy Stilwell Farricy
      25 minutes ago

Pretty much Michelle

you add water and an enzyme (ridx) once a month. Super easy and no more throwing it in the trash 🤮 lol