Recycled Windows Make Creative Green House

$700
7 Weeks
Advanced

A friend gave us storm windows and we designed a green house from what we were given. Purchased treated lumber posts and 2x4's to frame the house. Used Plexiglas for the upper windows and roof. Purchased wire shelving to install 4 nine foot shelves. The stone floor was already set from the previous greenhouse. It measures 8 /2 'x9 1/2'.

Acquired storm windows

After much internet searching and figuring, we came up with a different plan for our greenhouse.

Starting to frame out the house

Attaching windows to wood frames with stainless steel screws

Recycled storm door found under the house.

Replaced the glass with plexiglass and painted the frame yellow.

Roof construction

After all four sides were completed, we added a corrugated Plexiglas roof and framed it out for a finished look.

Plexiglas triangles added above storm windows.

Wanted a little pizazz added to the top, so we used Plexiglas inserts that I frosted and then added a few designs. To frost the Plexiglas, I used water sand paper and rubbed the clear Plexiglas until it turned opaque.

Designs across side windows

Since this is the view of the greenhouse that we see from our patio, I made vinyl letters from my Cricut ... "La Nostra Serra" ( Our Green House in Italian) and a few Fleur di Lis designs. I love the way it turned out!

Finished Project

We placed the garden work table along the back wall and installed the wire shelves. I then hung an old frame above the table for a finishing touch. The garden table is in a previous post. I knew just how I wanted it to look in the finished greenhouse.

Back view

After 7 long weeks, we finally have a green house that we both absolutely love!