DIY Photo Holders

$10

My hubby had brought me home a bucket of porch finials and old spindles he had picked up at a yard sale. Does he know what I like or what! I decided I needed to use some up on projects. I took these two porch finials and repurposed them into photo Holders

Finial photo holders
Tools and Supplies

I used some copper wire we had leftover from another project and a drill, glue gun and you will need something round like a wooden spoon handle or an old baster like I used.

Drilling the hole

First I found the center of the top of the finial. Then drill down as far as your drill can go. The further you can put your wire in the more stable it will be.

Curling your wire

Use anything round that you can wrap your wire around. I wrapped mine twice but went back and did a total of four wraps.

Wrapping the wire

The more wraps you do the tighter the hold will be on the photo you use.

Gluing

Then just stick your wire in your hole and I added a dap of hot glue to stabilize it even more.

The finished product

You can tell here that I wrapped a couple more times. I felt it was too high otherwise.

Now on to repurposing some more of the yard sale finds. I have a bucket of old spindles. Stay tuned!

30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:

• San87tx
    San87tx

Cute!! I will have to try it.

were did you put the photos at for an idea

• Melin
    Melin

How clever and cute is that ~ LOVE it!

Thank you for sharing!

• Kathleen
    Kathleen

I just came across a few large drapery rod finials the other day while I was cleaning and wondered what to do with them. Now I know! Thanks for the clever idea!