DIY Sandbox Picnic Table

$35

Imagine functionality meets fun meets design? I think that this project combines it all! I'm introducing you a sandbox picnic table! It can be a gorgeous, Grand Canyon inspired picnic table, and could also serve as a storage and sandbox!It's a super easy project and you can check it on my YouTube how I made it, or read all the instructions, including FREE plans, HERE.

Make a box for the sand and attach legs.

I made my box 3.75" deep, but if you think it's too shallow, you can make it wider, by using bigger wood.Cut legs at 30-degree angle and attach to the box

Attach 1/4" plywood to the bottom

Use wood glue and a brad nailer. Attach the plywood to the bottom

Supports for the benches

Cut supports for the benches. I cut mine with the same 30* degree angle, so the ends don’t stick out. Attach it to the legs.

Benches

Attach benches to the supports. I used fence pickets for the seats. I had to sand it a lot.

Make a top

Align the wood on the top, to make sure it fits on this sandbox picnic table perfectly. Then take two 1×4″s and attach it on the sides to the box (I think it will be nice to have arm support for little hands, plus it can add some space to play on!).Connect the middle boards with scrap wood.If you'd like to make same one, visit my blog to get the FREE plans for this awesome sandbox picnic table!

April

• Val

This is brilliant and I love the paint.

• Diane

LOVE IT!! Just wish my great nephew & niece weren't 3 states away!!!