Painting a Wall Circle Feature

$5

A while ago I painted a wall circle feature in my bedroom and I love it so much, that I'm going to share it with you today.

You can find the full how to here: https://thecarpentersdaughter.co.uk/decorating/painted-circle-on-wall/

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Video how I did it, including the floating shelves.

Here's my bedroom. It used to be a living room, but I wanted to make something of the existing fire place.

It can be used to feature all kinds of things. Or you could even paint layered of circles.

Paint Your Paler Colour First

As my circle was going to be paler, I painted a large square first, giving me plenty of room to drawer a circle later

After painting the remaining wall with my contrast colour, I found centre of my chimney breast, including the height of where I wanted the middle to be.

I hammered a picture hook to the centre as it was able to trap some string behind the hook.

I cut the string down to just over half the diameter of my circle, allowing me to tie to pencil at the end.

I drew a large circle all the way around while also trying to keep my pencil straight.

After masking taping the inside of my pencil line, I dabbed over it on the outside with my chosen wall paint.

Then continued to paint the rest with a roller.

After painting two coats, I gently removed the masking tape, did any touch ups as needed and filled and sanded the pin hole in the centre and repainted.

The circle reveal

Here's how my painted circle looked before I started adding shelves to finish.

What would you put on yours?

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
The Carpenter's Daughter

• Lee Rakoskie
    Lee Rakoskie

How did you get the painters tape to bend around the circle?

• Linda
      Linda

There are different types of frog tape, depending on your project, thickness, thin, etc. I love Frog tape.

• Tessa
    Tessa

This's very nice & nicely done...but how's it calming?

• Suzzanne Doublez
    Suzzanne Doublez

How in the world do you masking tape a CIRCLE?!?!?

• The Carpenter's Daughter
      The Carpenter's Daughter

I didn't even have to do that. Just slowly bend and press as you go. There's enough give in masking for it to work.