Postcards From the Ridge
Postcards From the Ridge
  • Oak Ridge, TN

Repurposing Our Dining Room Buffet Into a Bathroom Vanity

Why be normal? That would be too easy, right? Well, I seem to be cursed with not wanting anything "normal" or off-the shelf for our home. One example is our master bathroom vanity. For our recent remodel of this space, we wanted something unique but not too expensive. And, conveniently, we had a dining room buffet but no dining room in this home. I gave it a face lift with paint, then it got a vessel sink, reconfigured drawers and a faucet and VOILA...we had our unique vanity! And we still love it 2 1/2 years later!
re purposing our dining room buffet into a bathroom vanity, bathroom ideas, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I applied an acrylic, water resistant varnish to the top.
The pulls were refreshed with a light coat of metallic paint.
After I prepped the piece by cleaning it, I applied one coat of eggshell finish paint, distressed it lightly, then applied a glaze and finished it off with the acrylic varnish.
Full details including colors, technique, and products used can be found on my post. Click the following link for more.
Postcards From the Ridge

• Shantelle

What color did you use to paint this piece? I love the color

• Melissa

Can you tell me where your sink is from?? Thanks! please send response to mscorona0317@yahoo.com so I dont miss it. I have been looking for this sink for weeks! please help!