Fireplace Refresh 🔥🖌️

$130

I've seen plenty of white fireplaces to match my decor but most of them were way out of my budget. One day while strolling through the thrift store I came upon a very well-made electric fireplace. I had a lightbulb moment.

Here is the before of the fireplace.

I ended up getting it for 20% off that day and scored this beautiful piece for $80!

I got to work planning my project

My husband and I first picked up some clearance tile at the local title place. These specific tiles were $0.50 each!! Don't worry you'll see later on what we did with these.

I first started off by using this multi use painters tape to tape off the glass part of the fireplace.

My daughter had a bunch of scrap paper laying around so it was perfect to protect the glass.

I then cleaned the entire fireplace to get any extra Gunk off of it. This is a very important step when you're prepping furniture or any piece that you were going to paint.fireplace to get any extra Gunk off of it. This is a very important step when you're prepping furniture or any piece that you were going to paint.

As you can see plenty came off. It also gives a nice clean surface to work with.

My next step is priming the entire fireplace.bullseye 123 is fantastic. It dries very quickly it goes on smooth and it gives you a great base. It also blocks any smells that are lingering on the furniture. You also want to make sure that you use a high quality paint brush.

I did two coats of bullseye on this particular piece because I didn't want any of the brown coming through when I finished. Now it's time for the paint!

For this piece I chose Rust-Oleum ultra cover semi-gloss White. It gives a beautiful professional-looking finish. It has wonderful coverage.

Next part is gluing on the tile that went around the plastic/faux stone. we laid the fireplace on its back so we could glue the pieces of tile until that it would dry properly.

We used the E600 on the back of the tile gently placed them around the plastic part on the fireplace and let dry overnight.

Here is the final look of the fireplace!

I hope you enjoyed our before and after! Please check us out on Facebook on Sierra Stars furniture and gifts four more DIYs.

13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/SierraStarsfurnitureandgifts/