📽 Outdoor Projector Screen

$10

Having now built and outdoors entertaining area, I wanted to have a go at making projector screen so we could have outdoor cinema nights. I wanted to do this as cheaply as possible (although I kinda regret this) either way I’m pretty pleased how it turned out.

See more of my DIY here!

5 simple items

To build this all I used was some scrap lengths of wooden spline, a dust sheet, some clips, eye hooks and some elastic cord

Sizing up

Starting with the scraps of wood, I worked out how big I wanted the screen the be and then cut 4 lengths of wood all to the same size. Then using a small router I rounded off the edges to give a smooth look.

Somewhere to hang

Next I attached some eye hooks. 3 to the top rail and 2 on the sides of the bottom strip. These will be used to attach elastic cord to and keep it in place.

Keeping level

Next came the hard bit! Trying to tie the elastic cord so all 3 where even so it hung level took a little bit of time to get right, however it was key that this was done correctly

Staying put

I then repeated the same process for the bottom rail to be able to pull the screen tight and to stop it from moving to much while outside

Screen time

Now was the task of laying out the dust sheet. It was at this point I wish I had used a bedding sheet instead as I found this material Was see through and had to fold it a few times to stop that. Trying to keep the folds square wasn’t easy, but I got there in the end.

Fixing the screen

Next I just simply used another length of wood on the top and bottom to clamp the screen in place using a few screws.

Test run

Next I hung the screen in place as a test fit and was pleased to see it hanging level

Finished!

Last task was to just cut the screen to size and we could call this job complete!

Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen

• Patty Schrock

Where did you get the awning over your pergola

• Glenda Washam

It would be good to see it in use. Where do the people sit? Sitting at the table is too close and not at the right angle for viewing.

• Cap187

Why didn't you stretch the dust cloth tight like a window screen? I'd find the wrinkles annoying watching anything.

• Bbunny

You did good! I love your concern to make something your family could enjoy while staying at home. And I love the patio too -- great place to relax. My son and daughter-in-law do something similar when they take their travel trailer to the lake -- they somehow rig it to show tv on the side of the trailer. Wide screen, indeed! It does work, however.

• Gina

outdoor screening