Topiary

$3

This simple DIY will not disappoint. With a little patience you will have a lush topiary in a few short months.

I'm thinking of starting a bunch of them for Christmas presents. I know it's early to think about that but by December they will be beautiful and make great gifts.

I picked up a small ivy at Wal-Mart for $2.50. I've purchased Ivy there before and it always grows wonderfully.

If you already have pots then this project is very inexpensive.

This wire works great for the circle "trellus" but if you have a wire coat hanger that works great too. I threw all mine out a couple years ago. Darn!

I also used some skewers and floral wire but you could improvise with anything sturdy. A pencil, paintbrush handle etc....

I measured my circle and cut the wire leaving a "tail" to twist around my skewers.

I then twisted one end around to form the circle and the other end I twisted a couple times and left enough to wrap around my post.

I twisted my tail around my skewers and secured with a little floral wire. I always have floral wire on hand. It's great for so many projects!!

I potted the Ivy. When I purchased it I looked them over to find one that had some good shoots started.

I then pushed my "little trellus" into the soil so that the bottom of the circle is just resting on the soil.

I then wrapped my shoots around the base of the circle to guide them. As the plant grows you will have to occasionally guide them. But for the most part they just follow the path.

This is one that I did two years ago. Just look at that Beauty!! It could actually use a haircut!! Lol.

Ivy is one of the easiest house plants to take care of and it's fast growing so it's perfect for a topiary. Ivy doesn't require alot of natural light either so it flourishes pretty much anywhere. You can get creative with your trellis too. You could use grapevine, make different shapes etc... I hope you enjoyed this DIY!! 😊

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away

• Ilene

Great idea. I’m not a gardener. Wouldn’t the skewer rot is in the dirt? Is it bamboo? I’ve got to try this.

stay healthy & safe.

• Kathy Hord

You can also bend the wire into a Heart shape. Then you have Valentine and Anniversary Gifts. I have one with a heart shape. I love how the ivy is also trailing downward.

• Pam-ella

What a nice gift & great idea! How much direct sun do ivy plants need?