I think I have cockroaches?

Angela ArgumanizBetsyDee
+12

I am freaking out I found a dead roach in my closet and I also found some yellowish lines in my closet I really hope I’m overreacting but I think that it’s an egg sack! Does anyone have experience with this??

• Simple Nature Decor

The best thing you can do is treat your home with Here is something I use that works. We have them here in the South https://amzn.to/39cPZJd

• MJ

Roaches carry eggs that will hatch even if the roach is dead. Flush it.

I work as Assistant manager for a property with 250 apartments. Lots of experience, will try to keep the long answer short... clean everything out of all cabinets and wash down. Throw Away any open food items -outside...

Going forward, seal food in ziplock bags/ snap containers. Clean under fridge/ stove and above fridge. Be vigilant. If that fails, hire an exterminator - ASAP.

• MJ

I can’t see what’s in the photo- just going by what you wrote.

• Mogie

I had a problem earlier this year. I used Diatomaceous Earth (Amazon; may be able to find it at garden stores too). Apparently is gets in the "pores" and stops breathing. Haven't had any problems since. Also may want to check incoming packages to make sure you aren't bringing in any more. If you try this only get food grade DE.

• Cindy

Hi Alicia. In areas with high moisture, cockroaches will produce dark, smear marks as they crawl along walls or even when they rest. These marks are usually on horizontal surfaces. It's highly possible that you have a lot more than one roach. Good luck with this frustrating problem.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Alicia, this is Peggy. Don't freak out please, this can be taken care of, just takes lots of cleaning and spraying. Hope this is the information you are looking for. Couldn't really tell in the picture, so small. Good luck and take care.Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

View all

Cockroach eggs look like small tan, brown or black capsules shaped something like a pill or a purse. German and American cockroach eggs are approximately 1/3-inch (8 mm) long, while those of the Oriental and SmokyBrown cockroaches are slightly longer, reaching lengths of almost ½ inch (12 mm).

Cockroach Eggs: What They Look Like and What You Need ...

cockroachfacts.com › cockroach-eggs-2

• Redcatcec

I have used a mixture of half sugar to draw them and half boric acid to kill them. Place this where pets and children cannot get into. There are also roach traps you can buy at Walmart, these stick to cupboards, etc, where you see roaches run. You will never see 1-2 roaches, there are many more behind them.

Mj gave you a path to follow, they get into everything.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Whatever the pest is, diatomaceous earth will get rid of it without harming pets or kids. Clean the area well and once it is dry, sprinkle a bit along baseboards and cabinet seams. You can put it in a "ketchup" dispenser and it's great for putting down a thin line of it. If it does get wet, it is still effective once it dries.

• Oliva

Check out Angie'sList.com-what attracts roaches into your home. Besides food/crumbs, they may be seeking water. Review this article for solutions.

• Janice

I'd start by cleaning out the closet comletely. Place the glue strips in the area as well as under all sinks, refrigerators, stoves, etc. where the roaches go at night. Here's a video that will help with various remedies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sXx98obL90

• Patty

Gross!! We were transferred to Maryland right after getting marriec. COCKROACH HEAVEN! We had pur unit sprayed and I bought plastic for every food item. They can be relentless...they live on everything...food crumbs, envelope glue, grease, each other! Good luck!

• Dee

I use Home Defense inside and outside my house. I spray every 4 months and I do not have any bugs. I do it to keep the fleas out, but it also works with roaches. You must clean out your cabinets and draws. I use ammonia to clean the shelves and just let it air dry before you put your items back in the cabinets.

• Angela Argumaniz

Hello Alecia, I feel your pain. My daughter moved back in with us from an apartment years ago and brought the little critters with her! Within a month we were infested! After 3 exterminators and the use of every product on the market for these disgusting bugs, to no avail, my daughter-in-law told me about ORTHO FIRE ANT KILLER. I had tried everything else, so I went to Home Depot and bought the miracle powder! Having kids and dogs, I only put it sparsely in areas they couldn't get to. Under and behind appliances, in corners of cabinets, along walls behind furniture, etc.. Within 2 days of I was sweeping them up and a week later, they were completely gone, and I only used about half of the bottle! Since that initial use, I haven't seen a roach or any other bug for the matter in 7 years. Don't waste your money with exterminators or sprays that just cover up the problem short term and keep you calling them back to your open wallet. Also, cleanliness has absolutely nothing to do with having roaches. I keep a very clean home and got them. While I've seen filthy homes with not a one. So, there is no shame in getting them. You are taking the first step to a roach free life. If you do decide to try out the Ortho Fire Ant Killer, it's in a black bottle with a yellow top. I've included a picture below. You can buy it at almost any home improvement store, Walmart, and online. It runs around $12. It is toxic to animals and people, so use care while distributing the powder. Also, you may want to open your windows as it has a quite powerful smell that will dissipate in a few hours. No, I don't work for Ortho. Lol. I only like to share the things that have worked for me in the hope that it will help others. Good luck and God Bless!