Stair Spindle Candle Sticks.

$3

I love taking something that is junk and making it into something beautiful. I found these stair spindles in the shed and it got my mind thinking about what I could use them for. Candle sticks of course!

I used three spindles to make 9 candle sticks and 9mm mdf to make the base and tops. The bases were 4cm by 4 cm and the tops were 2.5cm by 2.5 cm. I cut these using my miter saw. They were all scrap wood pieces left over from another project.

Make sure you sand the edges of the mdf and any jaggered parts on the spindles to make for smooth painting.

I wanted them to be all different heights, so I just cut at different places on each spindle using the miter saw, not measuring required. After each cut I stood them up to make sure I got a variety of different sizes.

I attached the base and tops using liquid nails. It was so easy to do and took me about 2 minutes.

I then painted the candle sticks using white spray paint. I managed to get two coats out of one can, but I think a third coat would have covered better.

I bought little tea lights to go on top and they look adorable!!

Perfect for a shelf or table decoration. We used them as our centrepiece for our family ‘Christmas in July’ celebration.

To see more: //www.instagram.com/mixedbagofbeautiful/

• Eve

Awesome! They look great on your table.

• Elizabeth Flowe

I will try this project. However, those are not tealights. Those are votive candles. Tealights ate the very small candles with or without a metal covering.