Free to Fab Basket Planter

$0

I have been experimenting more and more with real plants lately and am enjoying placing them in my home. Planters I’ve come to realize though, can be expensive! Using some things I had already laying around the house, I was able to create a modern look for one of my plants in less than 10 minutes!

Gather Supplies

This project couldn’t be easier! The only things you will need are spray paint in the color of your choice, a basket and some painter’s tape. This basket I had already laying around as I had bought at one point because it was so cheap!

Tape Off Your Basket

Use the painter’s tape to create a line around the middle of your basket. You could even do a zig zag or angled line depending on your style.

Spray Paint!

Use spray paint on the area marked off below your tape line. Let dry and reapply a 2nd coat if needed. Remove your tape once dry and that’s it!

Insert Plant and Style

Use your new modern basket as a planter by simply adding in a plant of similar size. To make things easier and less messy, I put the disposable tray with drain holes right into the basket. Not bad for free and 10 minutes of work!

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!

• Aimee
    Aimee

Love this! So pretty!

• Melin
    Melin

Terrific project to turn a ho-hum basket into a pretty decor accent ~ LOVE IT!

Thank you very much for sharing your project ~ the possibilities for colors and styles are endless ... let the decorating fun begin!