This is the finished ottoman! I styled it to be used as a foot rest for the bench, but also a place you can rest your drink or other things while enjoying the patio.
I used some basic materials:
- an old tire I bought from someone on marketplace for $10
- a wood round piece (see pictures ahead) 24" diameter, I got this from Home Depot for about $12
- gorilla glue sticks and hot glue gun (already had in my supplies)
- 1/2" sisal rope and 3/8" rope - I ended up using 2 packages of 50 ft rope, for a total of 100 ft each.
- TBH, I wasn't expecting to need as much as I did! I underestimated it for sure. With each package being about $12-16 each (also not expecting that.. lol), that ended up eating up most of the cost of the project. However, I love the way it ended up despite the amount of rope I used!