DIY Funny Face Masks

$5

Life has changed for most of us and wearing masks has become a new normal. I made these funny masks for my son Talyn and he absolutely loves them. He couldn't stop laughing when he tried them on and only wants to wear these now. These masks are super easy to make and can be worn over a disposable mask or cloth mask.

I have two printables with the patterns for the masks. You will want to print these out at 100% and can find them on my blog post.

Cut out the mask pieces with thick felt. Stitch the mask pieces together.

Stitch the nose onto the face mask, making sure to center it over the stitch line.

Originally, I was going to stitch on the beard first and the nose over the beard, but forgot and so I just added the beard around the nose and trimmed the extra felt.

You can stitch on the mouth now if you want.

I used a hot glue gun to add elastic to the sides and then covered the elastic with a small stip of felt, for extra security.

I decided to skip the mouth and instead added some decorative stitching to beard. I also added a little heart and "Mom" tattoos to this mask.

These masks are so much fun because they can be customized any way you want. Add teeth, a mole, freckles, tattoos, etc.

This is Talyn's favorite mask and it seriously puts a smile on everyone else's face when he wears it out and about. Life can seem a little crazy right now, so I'm all about making it as fun as possible.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Suzy

How do they breath through all those layers of felt?

• Pat

Absolutely adorable........... but what about the girls? Perhaps lipstick, rouge, earrings?

• Gail

just something feminine...not rouge and lipstick on little girls. Bunnies, sheep. kitties.....

• Carolyn

Do they pass the test of performing the necessary job of not allowing bad stuff in ?

• Flipturn

Only masks rated as N95 are designed to filter out airborne particles. These types of face coverings are commonly used in environments where there is a high amount of concrete dust, sawdust, etc.

The intended purpose of the general public wearing face masks during this time is to help prevent moist droplets from escaping from the nose and mouth, and possibly dropping on to surfaces where others will touch with their hands.

• Mary McDonald

Those are super cute!

• Flipturn

These themed-style masks are not intended to be worn for long periods of time. Holly is sharing them as an example of one way that kids (and adults) can hopefully get through these days of imposed rules a little easier by smiling and laughing more.