Can you mix glow in the dark paint with acrylic paint and will it

BetsyAgnes ChrzanowskaMaura White
+10

• Unique Creations By Anita

Depends on the paint. Do a little test mix first and see how it works.

• K. Rupp

Hi Selina, it won't hurt to try it! I would say the other acrylic paint that isn't glow in the dark will lesson the strength of the glow in the dark paint but it may maintain some of the properties. Yes, test it on something else first. If it takes away all the glow in the dark, then try to use only glow in the dark paint for mixing. good luck.

• You probably can, but you will be diluting the glow-in-the-dark paint so the effect won't be the same.

• Chloe Crabtree

I recommended you apply the glow paint over the acrylic paint and not mix the two together. Also, the glow paint works best when the acrylic paint under layer is a lighter color, like white. ... Basically if you want the color to show up on the canvas, you would use the fluorescent.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

You can test it, but I think adding something else to the glow in the dark paint would be diluting it, so it might not work as well.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Combining different paints can dilute their properties. I would suggest combine a small amount and see if the results are going to meet your needs.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

If you mix the two together, I think the regular paint will mess up the glow in the dark chemicals so that it won't work... especially if it is a darker paint. You could try mixing a little of the two together to see...

• Dee

• Cynthia H

It never hurts to try something new, but, I doubt it will work. I would apply it over the other paint so you get the full effect. Good luck and stay safe!

• Simple Nature Decor

It would make great paint for a sign at night! or kids crafts

• Maura White

I agree to not mix but paint in layers - with glow paint on top!

• Agnes Chrzanowska

paint in layers not mixing

Hi Selina: Of course you can. But, don't crush or grind Glow In The Dark pigments when mixing with Paint. The Glow In The Dark Pigments are not soluble in Paint and will settle on the bottom of the container, so you will need to mix the Glow In The Dark Paint Mix gently and regularly. Do not make Paint mix to thick. Good luck