Want an area that’s looks hood?

Debbie/Dragonfly TreasureYolandaK. Rupp
+13

This is my side yard it is all grass and this area that I am showing you I would like to do something else with but make it look attractive I don’t want it to be something I half to do a lot of work with as you can see I already sprayed weed killer on the grass so this part will be dead and I will be removing it do you have any ideas for a carefree good looking yard

• Kathy Gunter Law

You could bring in pea gravel after putting down landscape fabric. Add potted plants, seating area, fire pit, and stepping stones.

• Nan W.

Maryl: a zen garden may be perfect for you!

https://www.wikihow.com/Rake-a-Zen-Garden

• Recreated Designs

I would add a few low work shrubs around the edge to start. Not knowing what zone you are in for climate, you could try something like lilac bushes or something that blooms that is very easy to maintain.

• Sharon

I say it already looks "hood" just add a pit bull on a chain.

• Annie

A Maintenance free area can be achieved by removing the sod, Put a couple layers of heavy landscape fabric and some decorative rock work.

• Oliva

Carefree means low maintenance/low water needs, no deadheading of flowers, no having to spray deer/animal repellant, minimal weeding. You need to know what your growing zone is, how much sun/how intense your sun, your humidity levels, any insect/animal issues, rainfall levels, etc. Take photos and all the aforementioned information to a local nursery where a local expert will give you the best advice for shrubs/plants best suited to your particular needs.

• Vimarhonor

Shrubs ground covers and hardscape might be nice. Perennials might add color depending on your planting zone.

• See More
  • Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. I hope this helps you make a beautiful low maintenance area. Search Results

Web results

The Invincible Yard: 17 Ideas for Lazy Landscaping - Bob Vila

www.bobvila.com › slideshow › the-invincible-yard-17...

Some people love the backbreaking business of tending to lawn and garden. Then there's ... Some perennials are more carefree than others, though. Forgetful ...

Don't Make These 8 Mistakes ...

· ‎

Pulling Weeds?

· ‎

Goodbye Grass: 13 Inspiring ...

Hi Maryl: You can put down a bunch of mulch, after all of the weeds are gone, and then put some statuary or potted plants in the area. You can even make a pathway with paving stones, that leads to a small bench where you can sit and read or chat with a friend and have iced tea :)

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

You could try putting in a perennial garden. That comes back year after year. These are some of the most popular perennials: http://www.perennialresource.com/photo_essay.php?ID=292

• Flipturn

Carefree usually does not include lawn.

Carefree means little/no watering, spraying, fertilizing, weeding, or mowing.

With Rocks, you pay once, then hardly ever again for maintenance.

• K. Rupp

definitely some landscaping would be nice. You could even add a cement pad and fire pit area. I couldn't tell if you already had that in your yard in your pics. That would be a pretty low maintenance idea and would make your yard more usable. If you want to DIY a cement pad....check out our post:

https://karupp-did.net/pour-a-cement-pad-diy/

• Yolanda

This is how we transformed my side yard. We have added a small fire pit, tiki torches and a few small lights.

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

This is what I did. Once established with low maintenance plants your home free.

https://www.hometalk.com/18594367/no-lawn-

• Your comment...