Low Budget Porch Decor

$10

Stop!!! Don’t throw your old furniture, use them to embellished your porch instead. With two old Rocking chairs and a wood leader from the old kids playground. My porch looks pretty, fresh and functional.

Two rockers = bench

i have made a bench with a porch rockers that I ve got for free from my neighbors. Basically, you can use any wood chairs if your porch is covered. To do that:

1. remove the Back and the arms of each side of the chief, to have a kind of a one arm and one back support in each chair. For example leave the right side of one chair and the Left sid of the other.
Bench

Remove the rockers from the legs all four of them.

Bench

Connect the Middle legs together with screws.

Bench supplies

You’ll need 3 wood boards To make a chair back. I measured the hight and the length I wanted to do so. But you can design it as you desire. For example, two boardS or fours instead of 3. Really up to you. Then I screwed them firmly to the existing chair back frame.

Bench

You can see in the picture the boards installed.

This is the result. As I mentioned before, you can use any wood chairs for this project. As soon as it’s protected from the rain.

Ladder decor

i took in part my kids old playground for a new one and it has a ladder made with a good outdoor wood. I used outdoor stain protector. I had three old plastic planters. I made two holes each side.

Ladder decor

with a tape I made some painting on them to refresh the look.

i had a robe in my shed so I used it to hang the planters. Just insert the rope through the holes that I made before.

I had some plants in my backyard that I reused Them inside the planters, or you can buy something more flowery and happy for that.

I reused my old rugs as a welcome mate. By the way, those rugs were really bothering me inside the house. So was a win win situation.

that’s set. My decor was done in one day. Easy wheezy, lemon squeeze!!

watch the video for more details.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners

• Jane
    Jane

Very cute! I wonder if it would have worked as a double rocking chair?

• Hinda
      Hinda

Thank you so much I’m happy you liked it. I love benches and those rockers were perfect for my project. There are thousands of ideas you can do but I think when you need something you really dig very deep in you brain to find a solution 😊

• Dpbeee2
    Dpbeee2

Do they still rock?

• Mary Boger
    Mary Boger

Looking good! Would be a nice look also for cabin or cottage.

• Hinda
      Hinda

l totally agree. This will be perfect. Thank you

• Robin m
    Robin m

How can u not like this adorable door step, and a great no budget! Awesome!

• Hinda
      Hinda

Aw thank you so much my dear, Happy you liked it.