DIY Blanket Ladder for $12

$12

Blanket ladders are so convenient, but often come with a large price tag! I have been eyeing them for a while now, but I just couldn't find one that I loved and one that I felt would fit right in my space, thats when I decided to try making my own, and I'm so glad I did! Not only was it easy, it was cheap - win-win!

First I bought three 2x2x6 poles from Home Depot. You can get longer or shorter to save some cuts, but I knew I didn't want my ladder to be any taller than 6ft. I used 2 rungs as the legs for the ladder, and cut the 3rd into equal sized pieces to use as rungs.

I cut one pole down into equal pieces to use as the rungs. I decided to go 13" wide with each. Again of course this is personal preference, I used a blanket that I knew I would be hanging as a guide to see how wide I would want the ladder to be.

Once all the rungs are cut, make a pilot hole in each at an angle for the screw.

Screw the wood into the legs from the bottom up, this will hide the screws. You can also just screw the wood from the sides, if you don't mind seeing the screw heads - again, personal preference which makes this DIY so easy!

I added 2 screws to the outside of the middle rung to give it a little more support.

Once the rungs are screwed in securely that's it! Your blanket ladder is completed and ready for stain or can stay natural and ready to decorate! I cut my legs down to 5ft each to fit my space better.

The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels