Backsplash?

PattyMogieLindsay Aratari
+20

I’m getting a backsplash for my new kitchen update

i have never had a decorative backsplash just painted

so many choices

i don’t have a lot of area to cover but want something that will always be classic

my countertops will quartz with specks of grey and brown and white with specks of sparkle

any ideas or suggestions ?

what do you have and love?

• Cheryl A

I have tumbled marble tile and love it- I matched a solid color to my countertops and it is simple and beautiful

you can buy peel and stick tile if you think you may want to change it down the road and you could also use wood or shiplap type boards and paint them

https://sebringdesignbuild.com/top-trends-in-kitchen-backsplash-design/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A4xd6IaR1g

• GrandmasHouseDIY

I have a "tin-look" backsplash I put up myself. Its plastic but it looks AMAZING. It wipes right off and I love it. When I've ever been asked where to start when it comes to going through all the choices out there I always say start with budget to break down your choices first and then move on to how easy it is to live with etc.

• Annie

Hi Peggy, we are in the same boat right now, and think we are going to go with white subway tiles. They won't (hopefully) go out of style and white goes with everything :)

• Chloe Crabtree

I would go with classic subway tile, either in grey or white.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

You can’t go wrong with classic white subway tiles! They’re so affordable too. :)

• Dee

I would go with white glass subway tiles and put in a herringbone pattern.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Stainless will go with anything, easy to clean, and withstands the test of time. White tile is classic but I prefer not to have tile due to the mess in a kitchen from cooking. My best advice is to go with something you love and don't worry about trends.

• Oliva

To avoid the headaches of grout cleaning, go with epoxy grout in a slightly darker color (light colored grouts tend to discolor). The larger your wall tile, the fewer the grout lines. The higher the glaze, the easier the wiping of stains. Avoid tiles with waves, etc., as it will look too busy given your countertops and requires more time to clean.

White is the safest bet, as a future buyer may change your existing countertop.

• Flipturn

What type of countertop do you have now?

Are you planning on changing or keeping it?

• Cynthia H

I have an all white kitchen with marble counters and white subway tile. I had white tile at my old house, too. I never get tired of it. Good luck and stay safe!

• Ken Erickson

A white tile will make you happy for years.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. I think a white tile is the most uniform pleasing example to consider. There are many different textures and tumbled looks to white tiles besides the popular subway option.

I personally find browsing awesome visuals on Houzz or Pinterest web sites to help collect some ideas to consider/ exclude others in aspects of color choice and styles for decorating applications.

You might want to consider browsing over at these sites utilizing key word searches customized to your specific needs or interest.

• Simple Nature Decor

I would use a white crackle tile

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

I love a tumbled marble backsplash or a beveled white subway tile.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

This is a pretty marble backsplash. I think it would go with just about anything.

• Kmdreamer

White subway tile looks fab always classy

• KatAych

I'm not a fan of subway tiles (as my NY husband says, "Why in the hell would I want ANYTHING in my house that reminds me of the friggin' subway??"), HOWEVER, I do have subway tiles as my backsplash but they are copper. I LOVE them. I'm a big fan of copper, and they really warm up the space.

• Mogie

Here is an idea that is easy to change up.

Lowes sells 4x8 sheets of paneling and they have an adorable distressed wood look for about $35 a sheet.

I have figured it out and one sheet will give me a new back splash. I will just need to cut to length/width and tack in place. If I want a new look buy a new piece of contemporary paneling and repeat the process.

Or take your pick of one of these more traditional approaches to the same problem.

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Backsplash-panels-Kitchen/4294395588

• Patty

Go neutral, subway tile is great, classic, easy to maintain.