Upcycled Denim Pin Board

$15

I keep all my families old jeans to upcycle into handy things for my home. With three boys I have a plentyful supply of old jeans and have made lots of fabulous denim rugs out of them. This time I decided to make something handy for my sons wall with some of the leftover denim scraps from my other jeans upcycles. I used a variety of denim scraps in different shades of indigo. This wasn't just any old pin board but it also had a unique feature.

As well as avariety of denim scraps, you will need some large wooden hexagons which are available in good craft stores or Amazon. Foam board, white glue and a staple gun.

Cut hexagons out the the foam board to fit the wooden shapes. Then glue the foam board to the top of the shape.

A mixture of denim is good for this project.

Next, using a rotary cutter, cut hexagons out of the denim scraps. You need a boarder of about 1cm around the shape.

Next, staple the denim hexagons to the wooden shape.

Add velcro mounting strips to the back.

Sick the hexagons to the wall with the velcro strips.

The hexagons can be arranged into different shapes to suit the space you want to use it for. Using bits of denim with the pockets still intact gives this denim pin board an extra feature. The pockets can be used to store pens and other things that you wouldn't want to pin to the board. Visit the blog post at the end for more photos and details.

I have used denim pockets for unique storage ideas before that you can see here.

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Mary Coakley
    Mary Coakley

Life your.idea.the pocket.hangers.are beautiful

• Paige Mull
    Paige Mull

Hello Friend,

What a cute idea! I love this! I love reusing things and up-cycling whenever I can. I really like denim crafts/projects as well. So, this is right up my alley! Thank you for sharing this project! I’ll be making our own denim pin up board! ❤️💜💚