DIY Front Door Welcome Sign

$10

Here is an easy welcome sign for your front door. Change it up with different colors for any season. Makes a great gift also! To see more, visit me on Instagram - instagram.com/mrsashleyfrench

Stain the wood

I started by staining the round piece of wood I picked up from Home Depot. I stained it with Minwax Dark Walnut. This step is optional and you can leave the wood natural if you choose.

Paint on stripes

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Once the stain was dry, I used blue painter's tape to make lines on the board. This was just random with no measuring. I pressed down firmly on the tape to make sure it was stuck to the board so that the paint would not bleed beneath the tape. After painting the stripes, I pulled the tape up while the paint was still wet.

Allow paint to dry

I left the sign to dry overnight. While drying, I used my vinyl cutting machine to make a vinyl 'Welcome' sticker.

Add vinyl sticker

I used transfer sticker paper to transfer the vinyl sticker onto my board. If you do not have a vinyl cutter you can stencil the letters on with pencil before painting, or you could free hand the word 'Welcome'.

Attach ribbon to back of board

The final step was to attach ribbon to the back of the board. I used a staple gun to staple the ribbon to the back of the board.