My GEms meltaway?

Debbie/Dragonfly TreasureNan W.Dee
+12

How do you get glass gems to stay on your glassware I live in a hot city Texas and my gems melt in the hot sun what glue can I use that won’t melt

Thank you Cathy

• Recreated Designs

Hi Cathy, are the gems made from some sort of jelly material? Are hey melting or the glue? Any glue you use, if it is made for to adhere the material you are using should be good no matter what the temperature outside. Can you provide a picture of the gems or some info on what they are made out of and we would be happy to try and find something that would work for you.

• Cynthia H

Hi! I have found E6000 glue has held up to winter snow and hot summer sun. What did you use? Good luck and stay safe!

• Agnes Chrzanowska

I would say E 6000 should help you with that

• Dee

I live in Texas and E 6000 does not work in our hot sun. I have found using silicone caulk works the best

• Nan W.

If the gems are glass they should not be melting! Most glass melts at 1400 to 1600 degrees Farenheit. ...doubt even Texas is that hot!

• Flipturn

As the original question reads gems meltaway, I was thinking that perhaps they were not genuine glass, but more so imitation glass, in other words some kind of hard plastic, which could very likely melt in hot Texas 100+ sun! So, it's good that she clarified that it was indeed the glue that was melting and not the gems.

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Have you tried GE Silicone II in clear? That's the only one that adjust with the temps in my area. We were 105 last week, all my totems and dish flowers held perfectly for the 2nd year. They spent the winter outside also