Paint Fans What do I use

BetsyAnnieNan W.
+5

Ceiling Fan in good condition but need make over

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Spray paint works wonders!

• Vimarhonor

Hello. After thorough cleaning, those fans get dusty I would suggest spray paint.

Rustoleum recommendations

PREPARE:

Always work in a well-ventilated area. Cover the floor and nearby items with a drop cloth. Lightly scuff any glossy surfaces and wipe clean with a lint-free cloth. Use Painter’s tape to hide any surfaces you don’t want to paint.

Tip: Use of 2X Ultra Cover Primer in White provides better paint coverage and color.

PAINT:

Using slow, back-and-forth motions, spray paint each item with several light coats of spray paint, making sure to overlap each stroke slightly. Apply 2-3 coats of spray paint, waiting a few minutes in between each coat.

FINISH:

Let spray paint dry for approximately 1 hour before handling.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Spray paint would work great on ceiling fan blades.

• Kathy Gunter Law

You can cover the paddles with contact paper or spray paint. You can also spray paint the metal. You will need to take it down if you are going to spray it though. I would use a high heat paint on the metal.

• Annie

Here's a video that might help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SttUP8X1gsM

Hi Patricia: Remove the blades and clean the blades thoroughly. Then, use any spray paint you like. I'd spray one side and edges, let it dry and then paint the other side. On the side that is facing down, place something in the centre of the top, middle and bottom, away from the edges, to raise it off of whatever you are painting it on. This will keep the paint from sticking to, say you are using newspaper, the paper and keep the area nice. And, you can wipe off any drips that may appear. Let it dry several hours and then turn the blades over and put the painted side on whatever you used to lift the blade and paint the other side. What I would do is spray paint the side that you see first, then use a foam brush to paint the other side, to eliminate side drips and touch up any edge areas that were missed. Good luck