How can I repair a scratched patch on my green old bath?

Lifestyles HomesBetsyDee
+8

I have a vintage green bath (i think is ceramic) which has scratch patch that when is dry it looks a bit white. If I wet it it looks again green. Is there anything I can apply to repair it?

• Lifestyles Homes

Matching the green is going to be tough, but you can do it, if you’ve an eye for custom mixing enamel paint.

I did that with a fawn beige enameled cast iron tub and can be more specific if you want to do it.

What about a clear coat to make it look wet all the time?

I’d buy a non-yellowing clear spray enamel and clean it with acetone first.

• Cheryl A

It's possible that your tub is cast iron so here is an idea about removing scratches but you can also paint tubs and if you can match the paint you could paint that area which appears to have the finish worn off it.

https://support.kohler.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002400153-Enameled-Cast-Iron-Sink-Care

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-280882-Specialty-Spray-12-Ounce/dp/B00T82712Q

• Dee

I would try to match the scratch with an acrylic enamel from Michaels. You may have to do a little mixing and buffing, but I think it can be done.

• Alejandra

I have just been told that the actual bath is plastic. And that plastic cannot be coated or repaired. Is that true?

Hi Alejandra: Perhaps if you put a coating over it like a wax or a clear coat it will stay green. Try a small area first. Good luck

• Lifestyles Homes

Plastic can be coated.

I had my two-person acrylic )plastic) Jacuzzi Roman spa tub professionally re-coated.

I would clear/coat it, so that it stays wet looking all the time.

It’s going to require practicing on something else, first- as you don’t want runs or drips and you want it to “flash”. That’s a fine line on a vertical surface.