Wooden Houses

$0

These little houses give me all the "cottagey scandanavian" feels!! (Is that even a thing?! Lol). I remember my grandma used to have little houses around her home so I tried to create an updated version.

If you haven't noticed or you're new to my page, I do alot of projects with scrap wood. I save all the pieces!!

With that being said. I grabbed some scrap wood and cut them up to look like little houses.

I cut different angles for the roofs so they wouldn't all look the same. This is where a chop saw comes in handy. You can change the angle of your blade very easily.

I cut 5 houses because I wanted a little grouping. When decorating I try to keep groupings in odd numbers. It's much easier to create balance.

I painted all sides with a white matte paint.

I used a charcoal matte grey for the roof and all the details. I kept these simple by narrowing the paint down to two colors.

I painted each one a little different and tried to give each one it's own uniqueness while still keeping a uniform look.

I didn't try to make all my lines and details perfect. I wanted these to look home made and not lime they were manufactured for the big box stores.

I took a light stain and rubbed it very lightly around the edges to give them an aged look.

These little houses could be any size and dimension and honestly any color scheme you want. The tallest one is 7 inches and the shortest one is about 5. I'm really loving these little gems!!

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

I LOVE little houses and these are ADORABLE and perfectly imperfect which greatly adds to the charm. I really like the overall rustic look of these little houses ~ truly sweet and the display possibilities are endless ... I am already thinking Christmas village ... !

THANK YOU for inspiring and sharing!!

• Claudia
    Claudia

Its funny I just started collecting houses but didn’t want that Christmas house collection museum look lol I love your idea my daughter is the woodworker in the family so I will place my order thanks for sharing your talent