Boho Erase Board - Dollar Store DIY

$3

Sharing how I transformed my dollar store luau skirt into a super cute erase board.

I picked up this luau skirt from the dollar store and grabbed a frame as well.

I chose to iron some strands from the luau skirt. It sounds time consuming but it wasn't too bad. You can also choose not to iron them you can weave it that way as well. I taped a few strands to some tape and added a safety pin to help weave. Once I was done weaving I taped the back side with clear tape on 4 sides. I added a foam board to the back and the glass from the frame to the front with some hot glue. You can add electrical black tape to the glass like I did. This helps cover the sharp edges and defined the look. That's it!

This was super easy to make. I can't wait to try weaving more DIYs with this method. I also stained the luau skirt a little bit. If you want to know how I did that you can check it out here.

Here's how it looks in my office. I love how cute it is. Definitely the cutest erase board I've owned. Hopefully this will help with my terrible habit of writing notes on my hand.

Happy Crafting everyone! Thanks for stopping by :)

If you want to check out more of my DIYs visit

www.lilyardor.com

30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Lily Oleynik

• Megan
    Megan

That's neat. Could it just be cut short on grass skirt and glue around egde of board to get same effect without weaving.

• Laura
      Laura

I have not used a grass skirt for a DIY. I would think that if you cut the pieces and tried to glue them to try to get the same effect, it would be hard to get the pieces as neat as the one in this DIY. But my friend nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck with the projects you do!

• Karen
    Karen

Approximately how much money is involved in making one of these? Thinking it would be a great project for a ladies get together.

• Ellen Morrison Kelley
    Ellen Morrison Kelley

Can you stain the grass from this Dollar Tree grass skirt?