How We Made Our DIY Barn Doors

$200

Our DIY barn doors that cost around $200

Originally we had considered purchasing a pair of barn doors for our living room however after finding out they cost around $400 each we decided to make some. What we didn't account for is the cost of wood. I was expecting it to cost around $130 instead it ended up costing us around $200. This is because we chose to go with prime pine instead of the cheaper prime. If we were to paint the doors we would definitely go with the cheaper pine. So that's something to keep in mind if you plan on making your own barn doors.

If you're thinking these are hard to make believe me when I tell you we were pleasantly surprised to find out that it was an easy project. This could easily be made over the weekend.

We first cut out all 4 pieces for both doors. ( photo above)

We than used a kreg jig and made slanted holes on the back sides of the 4 pieces for each door. We lay it on a solid surface and used clamps on one end to hold it in place while we glued and screwed the pieces together.

We than cut out all the center pieces and installed them the same way we did the other 4 sides.

To fill the doors we simply stained and added some thin plywood and that's it.

I'm so in love with them! Can't believe these doors were that easy to make! I hope you're inspired to make you're own.

I tried to cover all the basics in this tutorial. For more info and video instructions check out my blog here - https://www.lilyardor.com/diy-barn-doors/

Thanks for stopping by :)

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Lily Oleynik

• Nan
    Nan

You did not say where you got the hardware door hangers.

• Maisey
    Maisey

Could you post a picture of the backside of the door please?

• Jamie
    Jamie

I would love to try this, but where did you buy/order the hardware? Was it included in the $200?

• Pam
      Pam

Amazon has barn door hardware (better selection than our local Lowes). That's where we got our's!