Easy DIY Blanket Ladder

$20

I was so sick of finding throw blankets everywhere, piles on the floor, draped over chairs, stuffed behind pillows, so I made a quick, easy blanket ladder to contain the mess. Hopefully the kids will now put them where they belong. Oh, and it looks pretty as well!

I used simple 1 x 2 pine from the hardware store and figured out how high I wanted my blanket ladder and how many rungs I needed. Mine ended up being 180 cm high and the rungs were 47cm long. I used my mitre saw to cut these.

So that the 180cm high boards sit flat on the floor and wall even though they were on an angle, I laid the boards to the angle I wanted them to be when finished on my wall. I then put a thin piece of board (I couldn’t find a ruler!) against the foot of the ladder. I marked along the edge that is against the ladder. This gave me a line that is parallel to the floor at the exact place I needed to cut. I also did this to the top of the ladder that will lean against the wall. It’s the same process, except you’ll have your ruler against the wall instead of the floor. The photos give a better idea of how this is done. I used my mitre saw to cut this.

Look how perfect they fit against the floor and wall!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I then sanded everything nice and smooth.

I used walnut stain and only did one coat as I wanted it light.

I laid everything out to where I thought I wanted the rungs. I wanted the bottom one to be bigger so that the last blanket wouldn’t touch the ground. I measured 45cm from the bottom and 35 cm between each rung and marked them on the wood.

I used a thin piece of mdf as a filler so that when I attached my rungs it was centred in the middle of the vertical pieces.

I used wood glue and my brad nail gun to attach each rung making sure they were lined up to the marks I had made before.

And now I have a beautiful, easy, diyed ladder to put my throw blankets.

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives

To see more: //www.instagram.com/mixedbagofbeautiful/

• Maude LaFountain

Love this need to make a couple of these and as for your toys I too have many Toys like that I love power tools and working with them ....Thanks for sharing !!!

• Linda Abate

I love these blanket ladders. An item that is so practical for the bath room for towels, the bed room/living room for blankets/afghans or the laundry room as a drying rack. Very practical and a great gift for a new home owner, wedding gift or just because gift. LOVE IT.