Bewitch Your Bedroom With This Harry Potter Jewelry Holder

$20

Hi there! It’s Bellatrix Lestrange here to show you how to bring a little bit of Hogwarts into your home with this Harry Potter jewelry holder! No need to be a wizard, even a muggle could pull this project off. All you need is some basic craft supplies and an hour or so, and you’ll be the talk of Hogsmeade with your unique jewelry holder. So put your wand down, pick up your drill, and get started with my step-by-step tutorial today!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Tools and Materials

Tools and Materials:

• 3 wooden rings 
  • ⅛ inch wooden dowels
  • Electric drill
  • Wood glue
  • Eyeglass screws
  • Gold spray paint
  • White spray paint
  • Floral foam (half ball shape)
  • Plastic tub (to serve as the base, a recycled butter container would work well)

Drill Holes

Drill Holes

To create the Quidditch hoops, I needed to connect the wooden rings to the dowels. To do this, I used a drill bit that was slightly larger than the dowels and drilled partway into the side of the rings. This allowed me to slip the ring onto the dowel to hold it in place. I precut my dowels to three different sizes, as the Quidditch goals are three different heights.

Drill Holes in the Base

I also drilled three holes into the base I would be sticking the dowels into.

Glue

If you find that the dowels are a bit too small for the holes in the rings, dip the end in a bit of glue and then hold it in place.

Add Eyeglass Screws

Drill Small Holes

I used a very small drill bit to make four holes on each ring. Be careful when drilling into them, as they can crack easily.

Add Eyeglass Screws

Then I dipped eyeglass screws into a bit of wood glue and glued them into the holes. This part is optional, but I found that this little detail really adds a lot to the finished product. 

Paint

Paint Gold

Using a metallic gold spray paint, I painted the hoops and the lid for the holder. I gave two coats to the front and back of each piece.

Paint White

Then I painted the base with a white enamel spray paint.

Assemble

Add Floral Foam

I added a piece of floral foam inside my base to help the hoops stand in place. 

Insert the Hoops

Then I inserted my Quidditch hoops.

Harry Potter Jewelry Holder

Now all I had to do was fill it with jewelry and I was done! This project was so much fun, and I love anything that calls for a little cosplay! A cute way to add a bit more to this project would be to add your Hogwarts house crest to the base. How would you customize yours? Let me know in the comments below!

Lizzi

• Lynne
    2 hours ago

very nice!!

• Elizabeth Fernandez
    13 minutes ago

Looks super easy and something that you could do with preteen Harry Potter loving kids. They would probably like getting crafty with this project.