Nautical Rope Rainbow🌈 Rug

$12

Dollar tree nautical rope turned into a beautiful rainbow rug.

Inspiration piece

I saw this rug and Michaels craft store and I thought I could create my own fun version with some nautical rope I had purchased at the the Dollar Tree.

Materials

I used 10 bundles of rope a non-skid rug pad lots of hot glue and I used my outside mat for reference (obviously optional) and paint at the end not pictured here

I already owned the paints and glue I used so this project was even more inexpensive.

Lay out mat

Cut out shape

I measured where the middle was and started there on the bottom.

I went back and forth looping at the ends to start the form of a rainbow. I never cut the rope just continuously went til I reached the end of the rope and then I would grab another rope and continue on where I left off.

At this point the shape takes place and forms the rainbow im looking for but also goes past the non-skid mat so I did turn it over and add a piece where it was missing. I really didn't have to at this point because honestly I don't think the rug would move with what I already put down.

Time for paint

I honestly love the rug as is and could've stop here. I love rainbows and had my heart set on making one. For every color I painted three rows skipping one in between for six colors. I use regular acrylic paints because it's going to be placed in my craftroom with little traction and no chance of getting wet.

I love the way it looks but I decided to add white to each color and paint a lighter version in between

Adding white to each color gave me a pastel version of the regular color. The different variations get me something unique and the pop I needed to complete my rainbow.

Finished product

I love it!!!!

I do have one regret! I wish I had lined it up to something to have a straight finish on the bottom. Other than that I love my finished product.

It's a fun addition to my craftroom. 🌈🌈🌈

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/mymothers_daughter_/