Pastel Rainbow Furniture Makeover

$100

I picked up this chest of drawers at an estate sale. It is a quality, well made piece but I didn’t know just what I wanted to do with it so it sit for months and finally the idea came to me!

I love rainbows, and decided I could paint each drawer a different color for something fun and different.

Before

I paint a lot and I always like to try new brands so I already had all these various colors to use for my project. I went with all these pastel colors as they flowed well together.

I prepped my piece first by cleaning with Krud Kutter, removing the hardware and scuff sanding the base, and sanding the entire top as I wanted to white wash it.

The thing about paint is things always look bad before they look good! Ha.

This was the first coat. That first coat is always scary looking. I went back and used three coats of each. This may vary with the type of paint you are using. Just keep going until you get solid coverage.

I used General Finishes white glaze over the top as a stain. I also used a water misting bottle to spray the sides where the colors meet and while the paint was wet I blended each of the colors into each other for a smoother transition rather than a blunt one.

You can see the subtle blending on the sides here. I ended up shining up the hardware with Brasso and used Jolie clear wax to seal the whole thing.

Now it reminds me of those Pez dispenser pastel candies they make.

This was so fun to do!

I hope this can inspire you to try something fun too.

Check me out on Instagram for paint tutorials in stories

Instagram.com/pickedandposhed

The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls

To see more: //instagram.com/pickedandposhed