Asked on Aug 1, 2020

Can I use contact paper on the outside of my above-ground pool walls?

Becky at Flipping the FlipJohnavallance82Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome
+8

• You can give it a try. I don't know how long it will hold-up though after going through the seasons.

• Maura White

I would not advise that. Contact paper I'm sure is not weather proof and I bet it would peel off pretty quickly.

Hi Patrick: Yes, but it will peel off :( You can probably paint it for a longer lasting job. Like this: https://www.bobvila.com/articles/paint-that-looks-like-wood/

Good luck

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I'm not sure regular contact paper would stay on with the water. The new hybrid contact wall paper might though.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. I would suggest contacting the company’s customer support for the best recommendations. It would be a shame do you use a product and waste time and money if it was not going to last long outdoors.

• Chloe Crabtree

Regular contact paper is not made to withstand the weather out of doors.

• Cindy

Hello Patrick. I don't think contact paper would last very long because the amount of moisture it would come in contact with. We used to have a pool at our old house and if I ever needed to patch up a hole I used the pool repair kit. It worked well and was an inexpensive fix. Good luck Patrick. Stay well.

• Deb K

Hi Patrick, Yes, the vinyl coating on the surface of contact paper is waterproof. However, problems will arise from the seams, or where the contact paper will not stay adhered securely to itself on the overlaps. Hope this helps!

• I don’t think it will last very long when exposed to the elements. Please let us know how it works if you try it

• Johnavallance82

Hi,

You could, but I wouldn't guarantee how long it will last. It will fade in the sun.

• It likely won’t stick or last long but you could do a test spot to see. It’s not meant for outdoor use.